The Bohemian Sofia Tour is the only independent walking tour of Sofia that reveals the secrets of the Bohemian decades of the city’s history – the years of the Monarchy. Stand in front of St. Alexander Nevsky Cathedral and look around. Only one of these buildings wasn’t build in the years of the Monarchy. This is how important these 70 years were. As we like to call it – the time when Sofia became what it is today!
Check tour dates here.
Q: How long is The Bohemian Sofia Tour?
A: The Bohemian Sofia Tour is approximately 2 hours long and covers about 2 kilometers across the city center.
Q: Where does The Bohemian Sofia Tour start?
A: It starts in front of St. Alexander Nevsky Cathedral.
Q: What languages is your tour in?
A: It is only in English.
Q: What do we see on The Bohemian Sofia Tour?
A: You can see the Sights list on this page.
Q: How much does the tour cost?
A: The Bohemian Sofia Tour is a free tour, so that anyone can enjoy it!
- Alexander Nevsky Cathedral
- The grave of Ivan Vazov
- Hotel “Imperial”
- St. Nedelya Church
- The Archaeological Museum
- The Royal Palace
- National Theater “Ivan Vazov”
- The Russian Church
- The City’s garden
- and many more
What others are saying about The Bohemian Sofia Tour:
- “This tour is a wonderful way to get a feel for a very exciting era in Bulgaria’s history where literature and the arts flourished, and I absolutely recommend joining it.” – Nina, Lemons and Luggage (https://www.lemonsandluggage.com/blog/free-walking-tours-in-sofia-bulgaria)
- “At every stop we made, he (the guide) explained something I didn’t know before. He (the guide) keeps his visitors hooked for more information, which would be hard to get your hands on unless you dive into dusty Sofia bookstores.” – Leon de Leeuw (https://www.leondeleeuw.net/bohemian-sofia-tour)